What is Express Entry?
Express Entry is an online electronic system that manages those applications for permanent residence in Canada that fall under specific immigration programs:
- The Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSW)
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FST)
- The Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- As well, Provinces and Territories will be able to select a portion of the Express Entry candidates for their Provincial Nominee Programs.
Who can apply Canada Express Entry?
In order to apply for Express Entry, you will need to qualify for the Canadian Immigration Programs. This means you must have:
- At least 1 year of full-time Canadian work experience ( or equivalent part time experience), and/or
- At least 1 year of full-time work experience (or equivalent part time experience abroad in an occupation that Canada deems “Skilled”), and/or
- At least 2 years of full-time work experience (or equivalent part time experience) abroad in a trade.
If your work experience is abroad, usually you are required to have a job offer in addition.
There are additional requirements which you can read learn about by reading about the individual programs.
Embassy Contact Information:
Contact the nearest Embassy/ Consulate for Canada for the most up-to-date information on what documentation you specifically may require to enter Canada.
Disclaimer: The contents of this page and other such web pages on this website are provided in good faith as a general information guide only, and the use of this website as an information resource or other is at the viewer/user’s sole risk. While every effort is made in presenting up to date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners to this website for any errors, omissions, outdated or misleading information on these pages or any other website to which these pages connect or are linked.
Source and Copyright: The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owners/s is the:
-Citizenship and Immigration Canada- URL: cic.gc.ca
The viewer/user of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources or the user’s own government representatives for the most up to date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country or destination.