Facebook Messenger has a hidden chess game. It’s no secret that you can use Facebook Messenger for a whole lot more than just chatting with pals, but there’s still a surprise or two in store. Social net-workers have discovered that Messenger has a hidden chess game (quietly available for a least a month before now) that you invoke by typing ” @fbchess play ” when you’re in a conversation. Just don’t expect an intuitive interface– you have to use text commands for everything, so you’d better brush up on your standard chess notation. If you can live with that, though, it’s a free and easy way to improve your strategic thinking when you’re not busy sending stickers.
Facebook Messenger has a hidden chess game..
The game is text-driven, which means that you’re going to have to use algebraic chess notation. Here’s a quick guide, as detailed by Facebook:
- Start game with random colors: @fbchess play
- Pick the colors: @fbchess play white/black
- Pick the opponent : @fbchess play with john
Make a more: use standard Algebraic Notation
- @fbchess e4 or @fbchess Pe4 moves pawn to e4
- Nbd2 to move knight from b-file to d2
- B2xc5 to take on c5 with 2d rank bishop
- e8=Q to promote pawn to queen
- 0-0-0 or 0-0 to castel
Claim draw (e.g. 3-fold repetition): @fbchess draw claim
Offer a draw in the current position: @fbchess draw offer
Offer an undo of the last more: @fbchess undo
You can also use “@fbchess resign ” to end a match, show you and your friend’s vital statistics with “@fbchess stats,” and pick which color you start with by typing “@fbchess play white” or “@fbchess play black” IF you don’t specify your color will be assigned automatically. As usual in chess, white goes first. We’re not sure how long this functionality has been available, but the subreddit/ r / chess noticed it back in December last year. Has it been around longer than this ? Feel free to scold us in the comments – or just find someone to play chess with instead !
Read More About Facebook:
- How To Find Out Who Visited Your Facebook Profile?
- Recover Deleted Facebook Messages, How To Recover My Deleted Messages?
- Facebook Block list Friends You Want To Block But Can’t
- Inspirational Facebook Quotes- Original & What it Means..
- A Few People Know These Facebook Shortcut Tricks : Do You Know ??
- Facebook New Features That You May Not Know
hidden chess game +chess game facebook messenger + @fbchess play + @fbchess facebook messenger + hidden chess game facebook messenger