Returning F1 Visa Students Need

What Items Do Returning F1 Visa Students Need?

All applicants applying for renewals must submit:

  • A passport valid for at least six months.
  • An application Form DS-156, together with a Form DS-158. Both forms must be completed and signed.

Some applicants will also be required to complete and sign Form DS-157. Blank forms are available without charge at all U.S. consular offices.

  • A receipt for visa processing fee. A receipt showing payment of the visa application fee for each applicant, including each child listed in a parent’s passport who is also applying for a U.S. visa, is needed
  • A new I-20 or an I-20 that has been endorsed on the back by a school official within the past 12 months.

All Applicants Applying for Renewals should be prepared to Submit:

  • A certified copy of your grades from the school in which you are enrolled.
  • Financial documents from you or your sponsor, showing your ability to cover the cost of your schooling.

Students Away from Classes More Than Five Months

  • Students in or outside the U.S. who have been away from classes for more than five months, will likely need a new visa to enter the U.S.

Can I work in USA?

Embassy contact information

Please contact the nearest United States Embassy for information on what documentation you may require to enter the USA.


  • The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith.
  • The use of this website is at the viewer/user’s sole risk. While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners to this website for any errors, omissions, outdated or misleading information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.

Source and Copyright:

The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owners is the

  • The United States Department of State- URL:
  • Nepal Embassy of the United States –

The viewer/user of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources or the user’s own government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country or destination.

Returning F1 Visa Students Need + vat refund uk student visa + international student tax refund uk + p85 + uk tax refund + international students returning home + international students tax return + does international student have to pay taxes + Returning F1 Visa Students Need + tax refund international students + tax rebate international students + irs international students + turbo tax international students + returning student definition + tax return for f1 students + f1 students deported + f1 students working illegally + Returning F1 Visa Students Need +  f1 students opt + f1 student loans + f1 student jobs + f1 students tax filing + reinstatement for f1 students