MERS CoV (Mers Virus ) is a bet a corona virus. MERS CoV is known as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Corona virus. It is different from other corona virus that have been found in people before. According to the limited available information MERS CoV is liked to be transmitted in a similar way to other viruses from the corona virus family. There are several theories including possible transmission through animal sources, direct spread through droplets from patients during cough or sneezing, indirect spread through contaminated surfaces. The death troll of Mers Virus in South Korea is increasing order.
Sign and symptoms of MERS CoV
- Most people who become infected with MERS CoV developed severe acute respiratory illness with symptoms like fever of 380 C, 100.40F, cough, breathlessness, running nose, sore throat.
- Some people were reported as having a mild respiratory illness. Some patients have had kidney failure.
- MERS CoV could lead to severe pneumonia and even renal failure. Many patients have also had gastrointestinal symptoms, including diarrhea. About half of them may died.
General precautions of MERS CoV
- Always cover your nose and mouth with tissue paper when you cough or sneeze. Dispose used tissue paper immediately and properly.
- Personal hygiene like frequently wash your hands often with soap and water strictly follow. Similarly, avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Try to avoid crowded places especially the affected area by Mers Cov and also stay away from the direct contact with infected persons and do not share personal gadgets. Do not shake hands or hug to greet. And regularly clean frequently touched surfaces for example doorknobs, handles.
- As soon as possible, report to the nearest health authority if you notice any symptoms. Parents can take medical advice to improve their children’s immunity.
Precautions for Pregnant Women of MERS CoV
- Take precautionary measures while visiting public places especially like children parks, shopping centers.
- Pregnant women with flu symptoms should contact doctor immediately.
- Avoid frequent visits of relatives and outsiders to avoid infection risk.
- Take high nutrient diet and iron supplements with the direction of Doctors.
According to the Mao, spokesman for the National Health and Family Planning Commission(NHFPC) of china said that research and vaccine development for the MERS CoV are under way in China.