While Entering USA Top Things to Remember
- A visa allows a foreign citizen coming from abroad, to travel to the United States port of entry and request permission to enter the U.S.
- Applicant should be aware that a visa does not guarantee entry into the United States.
- The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials have authority to permit or deny admission to the United States.
- Student visitors must have their Form I-20 in their possession each time they enter the United States.
- Students should review important information about Admissions/Entry requirements by the Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection.
- Upon arrival (at an international airport, seaport or land border crossing), you will be enrolled in the US VISIT entry exist program.
- In addition, some travelers will also need to register their entry into and their departure from the U.S. with the Special Registration program.
- If you are allowed to enter the U.S., the CBP official will determine the length of your visit on the Arrival Departure Record (Form I-94).
- Since Form I-94 documents your authorized stay in the U.S., it’s very important to keep in your passport.
Embassy contact information
Please contact the nearest United States Embassy for information on what documentation you may require to enter the USA.
- The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith.
- The use of this website is at the viewer/user’s sole risk. While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners to this website for any errors, omissions, outdated or misleading information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.
Source and Copyright:
The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owners is the
- The United States Department of State- URL: travel.state.gov
- Nepal Embassy of the United States – nepal.usembassy.gov
The viewer/user of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources or the user’s own government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country or destination.
united states entering ww1 + united states entering ww2 + when did united states entered world war 1 + waiver to enter united states +entering usa + entering the usa with a criminal record + us entry requirements for us citizens + documents needed to travel to usa + documents required for immigration check at airport + things to do before going to usa from india + entering usa +travelling to america for the first time + travelling to america from australia tips +entering usa + visiting america for the first time + visiting america tips + things to know about america before going + travelling to usa checklist + things to know about american culture + entering usa