List of Documents Required for the US F1 Student Visa Interview
All Applicant should be prepared to provide:
- Transcripts and diplomas from previous institutions attended.
- Scores from standardized tests required by the educational institution such as the TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT etc.
- Financial evidence that shows you or your parents who are sponsoring you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses during the period of your intended study.
For example, if you or your sponsor is a salaried employee, please bring income tax documents and original bank books and/or statements. If you or your sponsor own a business, please bring business registration, licenses, etc. and tax documents, as well as original bank books and/or statements.
What do I need to apply for the United States F1 Student Visa?
Applicants with dependents must also provide:
- Proof of the student’s relationship to his/her spouse and/or children (e.g. marriage and birth certificates)
- It is preferred that families apply for F-1 and F-2 visas at the same time, but if the spouse and children must apply separately at a later time, they should bring a copy of the student visa holder’s passport and visa, along with all other required documents.
- No assurances regarding the issuance of visas can be given in advance. Therefore final travel plans or the purchase of non-refundable tickets should not be made until a visa has been issued.
- Unless previously canceled, a visa a valid until its expiration date. Therefore, if the traveler has a valid U.S. visa in an expired passport, do not remove the visa page from the expired passport. You may use it along with a new valid passport for travel and admission to the United States.
Embassy contact information
Please contact the nearest United States Embassy for information on what documentation you may require to enter the USA.
- The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith.
- The use of this website is at the viewer/user’s sole risk. While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners to this website for any errors, omissions, outdated or misleading information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.
Source and Copyright:
The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owners is the
- The United States Department of State- URL: travel.state.gov
- Nepal Embassy of the United States – nepal.usembassy.gov
The viewer/user of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources or the user’s own government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country or destination.
f1 visa interview questions + US F1 Student Visa Interview + f1 visa interview questions and answers pdf + f1 visa interview questions and answers 2015 + f1 visa interview tips + f1 visa interview questions and answers for students pdf +US F1 Student Visa Interview + f1 visa interview questions and answers 2014 pdf + f1 visa interview questions and answers for undergraduate + f1 visa interview questions and answers 2012 + f1 visa interview documents + f2 visa documents +US F1 Student Visa Interview + f1 visa documents checklist + f1 visa documents required for interview + j1 visa documents + h1 visa documents + k1 visa documents + l1 visa documents